I'm not big on travel, but I suspect it's because of the transportation hassles. Air travel is more convenient but a bother. Driving in a new place can also be stressful. (GPS navigation is a must!)
Places I'd like to visit, either for the first time, or again:
Portland, OR

It's really an interesting culture there. Lots of people with dogs, bicycles. Powell's Books. Burgerville. The Rose Garden. Yeah, I'd like to go back.
Venice, Italy
I spent some of my early years living in Cocoa Beach, FL. The house I was living in backed up to a canal, with small boats often there. I remember fishing off of a dock in the backyard. I'm sure it has impacted my desire to visit a city where EVERYONE has a canal. It just sounds so awesome to boat down the "street" instead of drive.
Australia
I've always wanted to visit Australia, but I have to admit, I was recently influenced by a House Hunters International that showed off some beautiful beaches. Oh yeah, I'm there. *********************************
Writing update: +276 words for the weekend. Added an interlude that I'd been thinking about, not sure whether I'll end up keeping it in the end product.
No comments:
Post a Comment