Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Disc Golf Course without the Discs or Golf
Uninspired by yesterday's outing, I decided to try something different. I walked around the course on the walkway, twice. No discs, no throwing, just me walking and practicing Russian. There's a sign near where I parked that says that a complete trip around (the RED path) is half a mile, so I guess I walked a mile. I had been thinking that it was a mile around the park. I noticed that it takes me as long to play a round as it does to walk around twice, so that suggests that I'm spending a lot of time throwing (?) or somehow my path of zig-zagging across to follow my throws just takes longer. Of course, walking back and forth across a field of snow looking for a lost disc is a factor to be considered, too.
I don't know. It felt more like I was out exercising than having fun (and getting some exercise, too.)
Some of the snow has melted, so maybe by tomorrow afternoon it will be playable again and less hazardous. Instead of glow in the dark discs, I need some glow in the light ones. Maybe a GPS tracker, or an electronic beep, or an extendable little pole that pops out. Hey, that'd be handy for getting out of trees and water hazards, I bet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment