Sunday, January 8, 2012
Snow Day
On my drive over to the Riverview Park course today (Saturday), I could see from the intense cloud that stretched from Mt. Timpanogos down to about as far south as I could see, I was driving into a snow storm. Sure enough, I had big fat flakes of snow hitting my windshield before I passed State St. The song on my MP3 player was Maniac. (Side note: "And she dances like she's never danced before." This doesn't sound like a compliment, does it?) No, apparently, I was the maniac for doggedly going to play disc golf in such lousy weather. Well, this is what I do.
When I got to the park, I thought, "Well, at least I'll have the park to myself." But no, there were 3 younger people standing on top of the hill. I'm not sure what they were doing, but at one point, there was a sound that made me think of a toy Tommy Gun. I wore appropriate head gear for the cold and set out.
I did reasonably well until the end of the course. I'd like to blame it on it getting colder and my discs getting slippery with the snow. Holes 5 and 6 just blew my par score up to that point, so that I ended up at +2.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment