Pictured above: Hole #1. Where's Tee #1? Don't know! I saw a group of about 6 guys shoot from a space directly back from it along the walking path today. Previously, I've seen people drive from the far corner of the parking lot, over the picnic area. I rarely start at 1, so I'm usually coming from hole 9. Even then, I typically skip hole 1 and go straight to 2 because of the hazards. Discs tend to turn to the left and hole 2 (from 1) has a pretty narrow corridor. On the right, it's open, except for a fenced tennis court. On the left, you have about 20 feet worth of trees and then the Provo River. (Fast, frigid, foe to discs. I've lost 2 good ones in there.)
For some reason, I feel more tired at the end of course if I start at hole 1 than when I start at hole 7. Yes, ha ha, I go from 7 back around to 7. Maybe it's because there are a couple of short holes leading up to 7. I ended up shooting a +1 thanks to a couple of longer putts (not much wind)
Today I learned a lot of Russian vocabulary words: water, milk, husband, wife. Also, a new verb conjugation - instead of you want, I want, now it's "my husband wants beer" (Well, of course he does!) It was a bit much, though, I may have to repeat this lesson.
I went to Little Caesar's for lunch today and noticed a disturbing trend. The menu is all showcasing - either the most popular products or the ones they want to promote. I go up and want to get an order of Crazy Bread. It's not on the menu anywhere. There's a little thing attached the register where it advertises Bread and Sauce for $3.19, but I can't see a price anywhere for just the Bread. Papa Murphy's has just done this, too. Refreshing to go to In n Out, where you can see everything all at once - of course, they only serve 5 items, so it's pretty easy. (Except for the SECRET MENU )

No comments:
Post a Comment