Thursday, January 26, 2012

Slushy

Decided to hit the course again today, this time with discs in hand. Weather was pretty miserable, though, a light sprinkle of rain was falling on and off. The snow on the ground had that crunchy, slushy feeling, so you have to watch where you step. My tennis shoes, which I love walking in, were not working too well in the wet snow, so I only ended up playing half of the course. Here's what the ground looked like on the same field where I nearly lost my disc yesterday.
Despite keeping an eye out, though, still a little bit dangerous in some parts, as you can see here.
One problem I had was that the snow would stick to the underside of the disc. I could bang them together and dislodge most of it, but it would cling to the rim and slide out of the way when I attempted to extricate it, like those round cat toys that have a ball inside a tube. The other problem is that a school bus let out a group of elemental school kids, right in front of my fairway. And then, they just muddle around, completely oblivious of me waiting for them to clear out so I can take my shot. One girl walked across the fairway, then walked back. I was about ready to start shaping some snowballs myself. It's kind of a remote area, all things considered - there's a gated community there, but I've seen a bus drop kids off at 3 distinct times in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment