It didn't look like it was going to be a good day for golfing. Dark and overcast, everything wet, cold. Turned out surprisingly well, though. It got up to 48 degrees, didn't rain on me, no one on the course. Sweet!
Everything went fairly well (only shot 1 over par) except for one hole. I always tell myself not to do hole #2, the one that runs alongside this major hazard:
Yes, that's the Provo River, swallower of discs. (RIP, Sidewinder & Skeeter) There's some scrub tree cover between the river and the course, but it doesn't help much. I threw low, but it curved left right towards the hazard I wanted to avoid. Fortunately, it was still on the land side, easily recoverable, once I found it. I need to stop doing this hole, once and for all, or maybe, create an alternate version of the hole where you HAVE to go around the tennis court. (Par 8 or something?) I wonder where the discs lost in the river end up.
I still did ok on this hole and all of them right up to the last one. I threw the Stingray and it floated perfectly toward the post... I took off my earphones in anticipation of the resounding thunk ... and it sailed right past and into the parking lot. =( Worse, it skidded quite a ways off, so that I missed the longer putt for par. Oh well.

No comments:
Post a Comment