(Sorry, no picture today)
Today, I got to interact with 3 different dogs. I really like dogs but I don't really want to meet them while I'm disc golfing, because they are invariably going to want to go catch them and bring them back and this is not good for my score, nor for my discs.
One dog was on a leash by a fellow who talked about disc golfing in California. This dog was super-hyper, even after a walk around the whole place. A little too friendly. Later, on the tail end of the course, I had 2 dogs approach me that I've met there previously. I know one is named (Bowdy? Bodhi?) and when I used his name, he responded. The owner was kind, though, and called the dogs back so I could finish out the course.
I had a couple of really good drives and a couple of really crappy ones. I'm experimenting with the angle of my throw. The natural thing to do is go for about a 45 degree angle, but I can see what the results of that are. It starts losing speed, and drops and curves to the left and a little bit backwards. If can get it lower, like 30 degrees, I should get both better distance and accuracy. One of the crappy drives had too low of an angle and hit the ground prematurely.
Finished up the course with a +2.
My Russian lesson today had me learning phrases that will be very helpful should I try to converse with someone, like, "you're speaking too fast" or "I don't understand, repeat it please." Less useful phrases include "The wine is too expensive" or "You owe 45,000 rubles"
No comments:
Post a Comment