Tuesday, January 24, 2012

O Disc Where Art Thou?

Today was my first day being able to go without it snowing heavily on me. Wasn't much snowfall today, but there was a lot accumulated on the ground. Here, take a look.


This is the view from the 7th post (that's its shadow next to me) showing the course with I'd guess about 3 inches of thick snow blanketing it. It wasn't too cold, and I thought I could be done before that big gray cloud came and ruined any fun I might be having.

I'll admit it, I felt sort of ridiculous trudging through the snow to play, but hey, it's good exercise, right? And then I threw my drive from post 7.5 and saw about where it landed and headed over to it. Except, I couldn't actually see it. Now, this is my RED Archangel disc. It should be really easy to spot in the snow, but it was not. To make matters more difficult, the sun was blocked by a cloud for a while and made it less bright. I walked back and forth across the area that it could have been in for 15 minutes. It's really a miracle that I spotted it at all. It slid along for about 3 feet and then carved under the snow. I had to be standing directly over it in order to see a bit of red. I played 2 more holes after that, watching more carefully to see where it landed, but gave up at that point. It's pretty sad to be able to lose a disc in ... nothing.

Here's a pic from post #8 looking back at the field that now has my footprints in the snow from trying to find my disc.


I may have to curtail my golfing until the snow melts and find something else to do for exercise. The walkway around the park didn't have a lot of snow on it. I guess I could just take a lap around the park while doing my Russian lesson. It seems more like work then. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment