Friday, March 16, 2012

Full of sound and fury

I think Shakespeare said it best, "All this running around is not getting you anywhere." You know how in racquetball or perhaps playing catch with a small child, it seems like you are chasing after the ball more than playing with it? That was my outing today.

It's Friday, so I drove down to WMH and played the wide open field. Wide open and plenty of room to go way, way astray. I had several drives that I thought were among my longest ever, but in not quite the direction I wanted them. This is the first time I've ever had to throw between the two trees backwards to the first basket. On the plus side, my putting was amazing today. Luck plus the new stance and a heavier disc to combat the wind all combined into a couple of really nice clinks into the chains. (And one bounce off the top. I realize there has to be something to hold the chains, but did they really have to put a guard around it?)

I had a little trouble with a tree, but not the kind where the disc gets stuck in a high branch. No, more like this kind of trouble.


(Note: I couldn't see the basket from behind the tree where the disc landed.)

I attempted a little jump to the right and throw shot, but I probably would have done just as well if I'd fallen to the ground and thrown it from there. (I've read about the jump shots. I don't think they're for me.)

I played an extra hole at the end, and the way the wind carried it way away from my intended target, I knew it was time to call it good for the day. And it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment