Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Location, Location, Frustration

Today was a bit overcast, so not as nice as some of the other days this week, but still warm enough for shorts. Little bit windy again, threw me off, as usual. So my throws were off.

First frustration was having one of the many school buses pull up while I was walking to my first drive shot, then having to stand there waiting for school kids to get out of my way to the hole. Next was when I somehow managed to hit the tree on the 2nd hole. Not the one directly in the middle of the fairway, but somehow, the one over to my right from the tee. I was trying to hold the disc in such a way that it curved to the left a bit more and thus, go around the middle tree. Must've been a problem with my grip for it to zip through the other tree. On the plus side, I did miss the middle tree. =P

More frustrations were to come. On the short hop over the creek, my mid-ranger got picked up by the wind and carried over to the edge of the playground, full of kids. It could have been really bad, but wasn't. On the next hole, the one with the tennis court, I decided to drive low and that worked out, except that I ended up behind the fence instead of beside it. The next hole, the marsh hole, I threw an okay drive that I thought was going to have an awesome skip, but it somehow managed to hit the only thing around - the trunk of this tree.


So, had to throw around the tree (but not into the creek or marsh) The rest of the course was okay after this.

A lot of frustrations, but I felt pretty good anyway. I was outside, doing something I enjoy, and jamming along to a Beatles playlist. When we were regularly playing Beatles Rockband, I discovered that I liked reversing the words in "Hello Goodbye", to, "You say Hello, I say goodbye. Goodbye, goodbye...." It mostly works out. "You say Go, I say Stop, stop, stooooooop!"

No comments:

Post a Comment