I was stressed out when I got to the course today. I'd been trying to leave work to get lunch and play a round when I kept getting detained. 2 hours later, I finally got out and it was really overcast, somewhat windy and I was a little worried it was going to rain on me. (It did, but only a little.)
There were a lot of girls on the course. Yesterday, there were a lot of boys. I can see why you wouldn't have a mix, at that age. (Cooties!) Still, kind of odd. Speaking of little girls, I had something happen today that hasn't happened in years of playing disc golf.
I was approaching my disc after my first throw past the tennis court and I could see a group of 3 very young girls walking down by the creek. I mostly took note of them so that I didn't throw in such a way as to hit one of them. Amazingly, even with the distraction, I landed a really nice one close to the pole. As I started walking towards it, I noticed in my peripheral vision that they were walking a little faster along the creek, but also directly towards the pole. In the back of my mind, I could see one of them picking it up and, trying to be helpful, flinging it back to me. Only, in my head, she flings it around behind her and it ends up in the Provo River.
Sure enough, they get there, pick it up and offer to throw it back to me. I have to make several hand motions (not those!) to encourage them to just drop it. She does and the trio walks over to look down at the river. I resist an urge to charge them, screaming, to see if I can push them in.
The game was good, though. I got some nice longer distance putts and my overall accuracy on drives seemed to have improved. Now, if I could just get rid of this pain in my left shoulder (not my throwing arm, thankfully) it'd be all good.
No comments:
Post a Comment