Today was another chilly day, 38 degrees, little bit of wind, overcast. Most of the snow was gone, leaving behind... wet. The whole course was wet, but I think I stayed mostly dry.
There are some throws where I think, "Wow, I didn't think I could throw it that far," and I'm pleased with the results. Other times, I think, "Dang, I didn't think it would go that far!" And this is what happens:
But, hey, here's a plus: if the disc is under 150 g, it floats. (The Boss is 145 g) This came in handy because in my first attempt to pick it up, I managed to flip it farther into the water. I was able to pull it in with a stick and not fall in, but it was close at one point.
On the next hole (the marsh hole) I decided to angle to the right to avoid the tree (grrr) and I got really lousy distance (blame it on the wet disc, the wind, the rain, for fallin', fallin') I pulled out the day's experimental disc, a Skeeter (5 / 5 / -1 / 1) It was the first of my new discs this past year. Well, it was one of the first. I managed to lose my first 2 new ones to the Provo River on this same course, but one of them was a Skeeter. It generally manages a very straight flight. This one's a little on the heavy side (169 g) because I got it back when I was less informed on the weights. Anyway, I figure I can throw it for a nice straight shot at the marsh, but still land far enough back to set up a toss over it. It left my hand a little farther right than I wanted.
Several words came to mind, mostly of the four-letter unprintable kind, but one word fits best: Mulligan! The fence curves such that there's fence directly above where the disc landed. It would be impossible to throw in such a way that get me closer to the hole. I took a second shot with the Buzzz instead, and it landed reliably.
The next couple of holes went ok, but this one shot just made me laugh.
Note that there are no other bits of snow anywhere else nearby. I think this was the remains of a snowman from yesterday. OF COURSE the disc has to land in it instead of rolling towards the pole.



No comments:
Post a Comment