Fun day in the park with a glorious 62 degrees! Lots of people there, but mostly moms with kids, confined to the playgrounds. I did see a couple of golfers, but they were completely on the other side of the park from me.
I would like to give a little word of thanks to Kyle at DiscGolfTraveler. I watched a couple of videos on his site to help improve my form on drives and putts, and I think it really helped with the putting. Driving, well, I think I need a little extra work on it.
Naturally, on a day like today, there would be people in the tennis court. And naturally, I would manage to drive past the tennis court and then, oops, INTO the tennis court. (No one was hurt.) After that small fiasco, I had a nice drive towards the fence dome, with a relatively easy shot over the marsh. Or, how about, into the marsh? Bleh. I released at too much of a downward angle and it skidded in. Easy to retrieve this time (smelled awful!) I take the hit and throw my 2 mid-rangers from the marsh edge. Stingray and the Buzzz, both very different styles of disc, both got picked up by the wind, landed here.
Birds of a ... feather?
Highlight of the course came on the last hole, though. I remembered the video, used a hybrid power/fan grip on the Katana, let it loose and THUNK it hit the pole right off the tee. ACE!
The highlight of my day, off the course, was receiving this fine piece of work from my co-workers. Unfortunately, HR says no keeping it at the office, violates the "no weapons" policy. \/\/ hatever!
There's a short story behind it, but it's not that exciting compared to seeing this beside my desk.
On the hilt, it says Excalibur and King Arthur. Awesome. I think my manager enjoyed swinging it around a little too much.



No comments:
Post a Comment