No pics today, but I wish I could have gotten some action shots.
First of all, no man with wheelchair, although I did see an older fellow (older than me) rollerblading in the park. Then, I saw something there I've never seen at the park before (or possibly ever.) A guy had a rabbit on a leash. He was cradling it when I first saw him and I thought it might be a fluffy cat. But, no, a bunny rabbit. On a leash.
Took my latest disc out for a spin today. Such a beautiful day, sunny, in the fifties (special note for a family member: I did not travel back in time) There was another group of golfers playing a little ahead of me but they were such long distance throwers I just gaped. All 3 of them threw fore-hand, which is just not something I've practiced much.
This is pretty much what mine looks like. It's a Blizzard Champion Katana (13/5/-3/3). Easily the best distance out of any of my discs so far. It is now the lightest disc I own (now that the ultralight has been treed) at 136 g. On my first two holes, it doubled my distance from the heavier discs this summer. I'm pretty sure that in a head to head with the Boss, it's going to behead the Boss. I had a couple of wimpier throws where my release was off, but most of my initial drives were just long, straight sails. I even managed one S-curve throw around a tree.
The Blizzard Champion is a new INNOVAtion where they have microbubbles of air in the plastic to give it an overall lower weight. (As mom says, like the Hershey's Air Kisses, where they charge you the same, but give you less chocolate. And fewer calories, I say!) As a bonus, any disc lighter than 150 g floats, but I hope to not have to use that feature. So far, this plastic is only available in 4 driver discs (including the Boss) but I think I'm only going to need this one. Wow.

I'm impressed with the S-curve throw around a tree!!! Oh, the places you'll drive! M.
ReplyDelete