I tried to take two pictures of a girl with two adorable dogs (pretty sure one was a Jack Russell terrier) but neither of them really turned out, such that you can see the dogs (or the girl) but this one is pretty, so I'll put it up.
Heavily overcast, only a light wind, very comfortable temperature. I didn't think there was any wind at first, but a couple of my shots that went high went higher than normal as the wind picked them up. The wind does not generally do me any favors which doesn't make all that much sense to me. Seems like I should get better distance downwind.
I took a little different path today because of the aforementioned girl with dogs. She was playing with a bright orange frisbee with them and I didn't want them getting any ideas about biting into MY discs, so instead of playing across the field by the tennis court, I went over the deserted playground and actually played holes 1 and 2. (Hole #2 being the forbidden hole that runs by the river.)
No problems, though - I was able to manage a low throw that landed absolutely perfectly between the court and the river. I wish that my next shot had gone as well. It flew absolutely perfectly ... into the light pole 40 feet away with a resounding CLANG. It didn't even just deflect off and still get some distance - no, head on, dropped to the ground. Oh brother.
I was trying something a little different on the drives today tilting the disc just a little to the right as I threw. Gave me a much straighter path, if a little less distance. Something to remember when I need the accuracy.
Social Commentary:
After yesterday's weird stuff found in the park, I found myself noticing items left this time. Kids are quite forgetful, aren't they? I found several large items seemingly abandoned at various places. There was a scooter and two bikes.A couple of kids went by on (different) bikes and one of them picked up the shoes that were there yesterday. He was riding what looked like a little kid's bike, except that it appeared to be electrical. (There were no pedals, and it made a little sound as he took off.)
For some reason, this makes me think of when I was a kid and rode my bike to Normandy Mall. I had just installed a holder on the bike for a water bottle. I locked the bike up to go inside, probably to Funway Freeway. =) When I came back out, someone had stolen the water bottle!
I'm surprised, after a quick search, to find out that Funway Freeway was a chain.

No comments:
Post a Comment