Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hungry Game

Usually, I like to take my golf outing right before lunch. I find that playing after I've eaten is less satisfying, like somehow the act of digestion lessens my ability. Today, I kind of took lunch early and then played later. Seemed to work out.

As I told my dad earlier, when I stepped out of the car and onto the course, with my discs swinging lightly in my hand, it felt so good. The car had been a little stuffy and warm. There was a light breeze blowing and, oh, it just felt like heaven. (I am going to be very disappointed if there are no disc golf courses there.)

My first drive felt just about perfect ... except the aim. I ended up nearly halfway to the NEXT hole. Oops. Fortunately, my 2nd shot hit the pole, so it wasn't a loss, but a birdie.


On the whole, fairly uneventful round. I did manage one S-curve around a tree that I felt pretty good about. Those usually don't work out.

Found some weird stuff on the course today, maybe it had to do with the wind:

A broken Aerobie boomerang
Something that looked like it was a firework
A pair of plastic glasses (ooh, they must have come from the hole with the hat)
A small pair of shoes and a soccer ball sitting on top of them, forgotten by some little kid

No comments:

Post a Comment