Been snowing too much the last couple of days to get out and play and really, today it was pretty slushy. I was knocking wet snow out of my discs all day today.
Foolishly, I decided to try out an old/new driver, alongside the Boss. The conditions were not good enough to do a true comparison, but it was easy to see that the Boss outperformed the Vulcan on every throw. The stats on it look awesome: 13 / 5 / -4 / 2. High speed, high glide, very stable, low-ish fade. Theoretically, it should just slice through the air nice and straight. Well, it's a little heavier than most of the discs I'm using now, quite a bit more than the Boss. This one is 164 g. Below is an early picture showing them post-throw, but it ended up being a familiar sight, but with more distance between them.
The nasty ground cover also reduces both rolls, skids and skips. (These are usually favorable for me.)
No mysteries at the park today. I did have to wait for an epic snowball fight to move on before I could proceed at one point. One of the kids had a really accurate throw. Future quarterback or pitcher?

No comments:
Post a Comment