Friday, February 17, 2012

We're never gonna survive unless we get a little...

Today I drove down to Wasatch Mental Health to play the course there. (Mom: 2 deer sightings)

Took the Boss, Stingray and this little guy from the lot:


It's a ... well, apparently it's a disc stamped for a university tournament or something. Fortunately, on the other side, someone has helpfully penned in "Orig. Gazelle" Speed 6, Glide 4, Turn 0, Fade 2, 174 grams.

Had a hard time throwing this one on drives, so I ended up using it as a putt and approach disc, alongside the Stingray. It did pretty well on short putts, straight and heavy, hit the chains and stayed. On the very last real throw, the Stingray arced a nice path straight towards the basket... and then bounced off the basket guard. Had it been a post, I don't know if it would have hit it, but oh, so close.

I love this course. I was hoping to get the water park in the background of this shot, but I think the disc is blocking it.

Pros: open course, a little bit of elevation change, some interesting challenges, no chance of losing a disc, might see some interesting wildlife

Cons: someone might mistake me for a mental patient, longer drive, fastest route takes me right through BYU Student Central, might step in deer pellets

No comments:

Post a Comment