Temperature-wise, it wasn't that cold today for the outing, but with the wind, it felt 20 degrees colder. And that's starting with a temp of 46 degrees. I ended up using the Dart putter more than the Stingray, because it seemed to navigate the wind better. The Archangel, designed for throwing into wind had some funky flights, where it would lift suddenly and drop just as fast. I had one amazing drive that must have been helped by the wind, because I'm positive I've never thrown this far.
See that distant white post in the center of the picture? You may need a magnifying glass. I took this picture from where my drive landed. Oh, look, aren't the mountains pretty in the background? Anyhoo.
I had a couple of really long putts that I pulled off. It's really something, because I haven't had a lot of success with the Dart, even on short distances, but today, it worked out pretty well.
This is where one of my putts landed. I'm pretty sure if the grass wasn't all around the post, it would have hit it. It still counts, though, right? Right?
The guy was there again today, pushing the empty wheelchair around the path. I'm not positive, but it looked like he may have been talking to someone (not obviously present) while walking. (Or maybe he had a Bluetooth device I couldn't see.) He had a brisk pace, so I'm not as sure about the wheelchair-as-walker theory. Maybe.... he has a medical condition where he needs to sit down periodically, and pushes it along to always have a seat handy. Iffy. One of these days, I may just have to ask him. Or not.
The other thing I noticed today is that the frozen-over stream is a kid magnet. The other day, I saw some boys jumping up and down on the ice. I thought, do they realize what will happen if they break through? Probably don't even know what frostbite is. Today, though, there were 3 girls. I couldn't tell what they were doing, but at least they weren't jumping on it. Suddenly, I'm reminded of a game I played in the pre-school at Mrs. Hall's. Don't Break the Ice! From what I remember, there was a surface of cubes with a guy in the middle, and you had to use these little mallets to tap out a cube - kind of a reverse Jenga. If the guy fell on your turn, you lost. I wonder if the game is anything remotely like what I remember.


No comments:
Post a Comment