Today I got my hair cut down in Springville, so I took the opportunity to go over to Arts Park which is located right by Springville High School. Unfortunately, today a small group of high schoolers were out on the park kicking a soccer ball around. (At least they weren't wearing capes.) I'm not sure why they had to do so at the park, considering the fact that I could actually SEE a soccer field a short walk away at the high school. Usually, there are little kids on the playground that lies directly in line of the 1st hole, but today, no kids on the playgrounds, instead, older kids right next to the basket. They were kind enough to let me play to the 2nd hole, at least.
Here's a picture I took for my mom, over the fence near the 2nd hole:
It's a little difficult to see, but there are about a dozen horses gathered in a bunch. Feeding time, maybe?
It was nice to get out to a different course for a change of pace, but I was not happy with the wind. Since I knew already how easy it would be to lose a disc over the fence, I tended to play cautiously, throwing low, or putting a really hard arc to curve it away from hazards. Hazards like this one on the 6th hole. If you overshoot the basket by much, guess where your disc is going:
It's a raised pond. I've seen ducks in it. Once, I saw people chucking tennis balls into it and there were dogs that would launch into it to retrieve them. I was very careful so that I wouldn't have to go swimming. The temperature was nice enough, around 50 degrees, but the wind made it a little cold for shorts. (Too bad for me.)


Thanks for thinking of me with the equine subjects! Still enjoying reading your almost-daily disc adventures! Keep 'em coming! Mom
ReplyDelete