(with apologies to Robert Frost)
This is a view from the 2nd hole looking back at the first tee. It's roughly between the tennis court and that light pole, and another 50 feet back. This is the hole I have decided to stop doing because of the river (on the right in this picture) and the darn tennis court, too. Today, I parked in the lot by the first tee, practiced up to the 9th hole, then shot from there to 2 (which is normally what I do when I start from 7) This worked out pretty well.
Strangest shot ever, though. On the marshy hole, I ended up in a spot where I had a cluster of short trees between me and the pole. I tried flinging one left handed to hopefully curve around, but the distance was too short. Then I took a second shot from the same place, but I arced it up at a steep angle. I wish I could have filmed it, because I can't believe what happened next. The disc came down near the pole, but nearly vertical, spinning fast. It landed in a spot that had both icy snow and grass and it just ... spun in place for a few seconds, vertically, like a wheel. Never seen anything like that before. It'd be like flipping a nickel and have it land on the edge. (and spinning in place)
I didn't end up keeping score today. I think I did ok. I had to take one side tour since some boys were playing around hole 7.5, so I skipped it and 8 and went straight from 7 to 9. I think I need to go play a different course, getting tired of this one. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment