The man with the wheelchair went through the park today, but didn't go around the whole thing. I attempted to take a picture of him again, but it didn't turn out. Starting to get suspicious. Is this a sign of dementia?
I played with the Archangel, Stingray and the Buzzz. This last disc is supposedly the most popular disc for beginners ever, made by Discraft. I like it because of the pretty colors. (It looks a little better than the picture suggests.)
It performed very nicely as an approach disc. It even earned me a birdie on the first hole by hitting the ground, rolling over and tapping the pole. I don't know what the stats on it are, since Discraft doesn't seem to use the same terminology as Innova.They have a single statistic: Stability, that ranges from 3.0 to -3.0. The higher the Stability rating, the more it curves to the left (hyzer throw) (Don't look at me, this is the actual terminology of the sport.) A -3.0 is considered understable and will more likely curve to the right (an anhyzer throw, term probably developed after a few too many Anhyzer Busches) or at least be more straight. The Buzzz has a rating of 0.5, which should produce a fairly straight throw. As usual, I find it has more of a curve to the left than the rating would suggest. I have another Discraft disc in my bag, a Hawk (Stability 0.0) I'll have to give it a shot next time, see how she flies.
Oh, and I managed a super-long 2nd throw on the 9->2 hole with the Archangel. A little too far, as it ended up here.
Only hurt myself a little retrieving this one. If it had only flown a little more to the left, it would have put me in a great location for the putt.


No comments:
Post a Comment