Sunday, February 19, 2012

There is unrest in the forest

Saturday, I went out for my little exercise/stress reduction and tried to go to Bicentennial Park down in south Provo. Naturally, since it was such a temperament day, lots and lots of other people were there. Not wanting a repeat from last time, I decided to head back to WMH. I figured, in all the times I've been there, I've only seen 1 other person playing, and never any people loitering or playing around the baskets. (And I'd had such a good time there on Friday, too.)

We were watching a show last night and I could tell, based on the dialogue, that a character was going to die. People on TV shows sometimes say things that foreshadow it. Doesn't happen in real life, though, right? Just because I wrote in my last blog that there aren't any hazards at WMH doesn't mean that the very next time I go there, I'll find one, right?

It started out fairly normal. I took the Boss, Stingray and the Defender. It wasn't windy, so I thought I could really get some fun shots with the Defender on the wide open fairways. There were a couple that were good, and one nice place for a roller shot (I still don't know how to do those effectively, like I've seen other players do.) One thing I kept having trouble with was putting. There were 3 times where I was about 18 feet from the basket, and I just could not get it in, even with 2 throws. One basket had me hit the top guard twice, bouncing off.

The next hole was situated between these 4 large, very tall trees. The Boss curved way off to the left, but the Defender landed right at the base of the basket. That was an easy putt. As I got ready for the 8th hole, I tried to take a better shot of the water park.


I teed off towards the 8th hole and I don't know what happened, but the Boss took a hard turn and ended way left of the basket (much like the last hole.) So I threw the Defender, hoping for a better shot. It started off better, but then managed to get stuck way up in a tree, and one of those fir-type trees with really grippy branches. I found two heavy sticks and got close to it, but it kept the sticks, too.

Here's a shot of the tree with the disc in it. Can you spot it?


I can see it because I know where it is, but it's pretty hard to find. And it's bright orange! If only the guy with the telescoping 10 foot pole were here! He could probably dislodge it! What's worse is that I hadn't put my contact information on it yet, because I wanted to wait until I finished removing the sticker. I'm not sure how it will ever come down unless it gets hit by some hurricane-force winds. Maybe a paintball gun? I doubt even the "golden retriever" would help here.

Well, I guess it was a free disc (paid with Amazon points) I finished out the round. I'm thinking now that I need to get  a replacement Stingray, just in case.

Here's a picture of the tree with a little enhancement:


No comments:

Post a Comment