Tuesday, February 7, 2012

On a clear day

Today was a beautiful day, particularly for February in Utah. It was sunny, not too breezy, probably around 50 degrees. I was able to do the course without my jacket and not get too cold.

Overall, my score today was pretty lousy, not helped by the double bogey on the marsh hole. First, my drive managed to land in the frozen creek, but in a section with no ice. I didn't want to throw from the rocky streambed, so I lost a stroke starting up on higher ground. Then, my 2nd shot went a little higher than I would have liked, landing dangerously close to the marsh.


And then it took me 2 shots to hit the pole starting about 30 feet away. There's all this ice around the hole (someone even built a snow ramp. I'm not sure how you'd go about using it.)

I had a couple of neat drives where it started out leaning a little to the left, but then corrected to level for most of the flight before curving back to the left at the end. I think this is something I've read about on disc golf pages about it "flipping over." Naturally, I had pictured the disc flying upside down and I thought, my discs never do THAT.

Update on Man With Wheelchair. I tried to surreptitiously take a picture of him today, but it didn't turn out well enough to see him. He was sitting at a picnic bench under one of the covered pavilions. Get this, though. The wheelchair was facing the table. If you were using it as a walker, wouldn't it point away from the table, so you could use it while sitting and standing up? I think this gives some plausibility to the idea that the chair represents a person. Today I wondered how much time he spends there at the park. I've been there at irregular times lately, but I've seen him each of the past few times I've been there. Is it coincidence? For that matter, maybe nobody else sees him but me, and so while the wheelchair person is a figment of this man's imagination, the man is a figment of mine. And I am but a figment in... INCEPTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment