Friday, February 24, 2012

Beware of Sharks

I over heard this when I was walking past the tennis court: "You have to go to school even if you're not wearing pants." There were some very young girls playing at tennis. Normally, I would not have heard this because I'd have music or Russian being piped in, but my headphones broke. I have some that are supposedly sturdier on order, but it'll be a while. Still, sometimes you catch something fun in the air.

Today was just like yesterday except completely different. The actual temperature (according to my car) was the same, around 46 degrees, but today was sunny with no wind. Felt GREAT!

I took my Shark with me, the last of the old discs from the lot on eBay. It says that it's a driver, but it happens to be the heaviest disc in the bag (175 g) so I know I can't get anything like the distance from my 150-class drivers. Naturally, then, I used it as as a putt/approach. It worked out pretty well in that role, giving me 2 unexpected birdies from a fair distance away.


The Innova stats on this on are 4/4/0/2, which they put in a mid-range driver category (because of the 4 speed and glide) but it's just barely above the putt/approach discs. Worked out well for me.

What didn't work out for me today was the marsh hole. Not the usual problem, though. I teed off, but my shoe slipped in the mud and I threw it at a higher angle than usual. Because this obstacle is right in the path, you can guess where it ended up.


I could see it hit the tree, drop a little, and not hit the ground. I couldn't spot it after walking completely around the tree twice, so I got up under the branches, and then I could sort of see it. Even knowing where it was, I couldn't find it from outside, I wasn't real sure how to get it down. In desperation, I started shaking the tree (not very much, mind you, it's not a sapling) but I was able to get it to drop down. Things went considerably better after that, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment