Today was a fairly modest day at the course. Little bit chilly, little bit windy. Couple of dogs on the course at various times.
I felt inspired by the performance I got out of a disc I hadn't used much lately, so I thought I'd go through and pick out some other old ones and see how they perform. Unfortunately, these are all pro-weight discs in the 170 gram class, so I can't really expect the same quality of throw (or distance) I get from my lighter ones. I was doing a little shopping research, and my favorite site has a 109 gram Roc for sale. Man, that must feel like throwing a paper plate!
Anyhoo, today I brought the Whippet on board. My wife gave me a set of discs from a random lot on Ebay ten years ago and this was one of them from that set.
This was taken in the good-weather direction. Behind me, it's all storm clouds.
The Whippet is considered a fairway driver with a Speed 6, Glide 3, Turn 1, Fade 5, Weight 171 g. Based on this, I would expect to make shorter straight throws with a heavy curve at the end. As expected for the heavier weight, I didn't get as much distance as I did with the Stingray, but it did have one important difference. When it hit the ground, it stayed put instead of rolling another couple of feet way from the pole. Also of note: not a good disc for heavy snow. ;)
Man with Wheelchair update: I saw him yesterday, walking towards the park as I was driving away. He lives!

No comments:
Post a Comment