Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Homerun
A gray day today. Little bit on the chilly side, but not too windy. This is the first time I've been able to get out for a full round since last week. Most of the snow has melted, but it's pretty nasty in the places it persists.
I had several shots today that were tree-huggers. I guess tree smackers would be more appropriate. Pity, because the bark really takes a bite out of the disc. Maybe if I invested more in my discs and got the expensive plastics... (Yes, all the fanciest Dijon plastics, mmmm.) It's all good, it's not like I'm a pro. I'm really happy with the discs I've been using lately, although I have ordered an ultralight Defender because I was curious to see what kind of performance I could get out of a disc lighter than 150g. My favorite supplier, an eBay store called frisbeerancher, has a small collection of ultralights and it seemed like most of them were white. Yeah, that's what I need to be throwing in the snow, a white disc.
Ended up with a +2 today. Could have been a lot worse. Off in the distance, there's a metal fence that I managed to float my driver over. Never done that before at this park. It landed close enough that I could pull it to me with a stick. This is definitely a sport (?) in which you don't want to hit it over the fence. (Especially not the fences with dogs on the other side.)
(In other news, I just deleted the word "really" 4 times. Really.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment