My wife suggested I edit the subject of this blog from five guys I find attractive (!) to five male actors I would want to have lunch with.
1. Will Smith. Think Independence Day or Men in Black. This guy would be fun to talk to. Even the guy from Hancock or Pursuit of Happyness or Fresh Prince of Bel Air. He comes across as both a superstar and down to earth - I'm not sure how he does it. I happen to also be a fan of his rap music, so I'm sure we'd have plenty to talk about.
2. Tom Hanks. Of course he has some awesome movies under his belt, Big, Saving Private Ryan, That Thing You Do, Castaway, DaVinci Code, and then you have others like Turner and Hooch, Dragnet, Bachelor Party. I haven't seen Road to Perdition yet, but I want to. I've always had a lot of respect for him - he's one of the few actors to have a long-lasting marriage (and I am beginning to be a fan of his son, Colin) Except for one public statement where he said that people who were in support of the California ban on same sex marriages where "un American" (he later retracted this), he's a pretty likeable guy.
3. Matthew Perry. I don't know a lot about him outside of TV and movies, but he tends to play similar characters, typically with a self-deprecating, sarcastic attitude. Friends, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Mr. Sunshine, Whole 9 Yards. I could probably just talk Chandler Bing with him.
4. Harry Connick, Jr. Ok, admittedly, I would want to talk music more than movies, but technically, he fits. Little Man Tate, Will & Grace, Law and Order : SVU of late. He's had such a progression of music styles (big band, funk jazz, Broadway, vocalist) I find that I like the old stuff better, but maybe that's because I'm getting older.
5. Simon Baker. I'd want to talk Mentalist and the Guardian, and I would enjoy the Aussie accent, but what I'd really like to find out is how he does his hair! It's so ... cool looking. I need to talk to Amelia and see if she can do that kind of sorcery with my hair. (Ha!)
No comments:
Post a Comment