Thursday, May 31, 2012

Worry worry super scurry Call the troops out in a hurry

I am worrying about my health right now. I've been trying to do better of late - working on eating better (somewhat) getting in 5 days worth of aerobic exercise (disc golf, walks with boys) and taking appropriate medications (niacin for my lipids, daily multi-vitamin, fiber gummies)

Here's what I have to show for it:

At my last doctor's visit, I had dropped 5 pounds from the previous month. I also have a swollen ankle and a cracked heel (callus) I have to get an x-ray for the ankle - the doctor thinks it might be arthritis. This depresses me. So soon? But, maybe I just injured it and don't remember the trauma. I'm also getting a wart removed from my finger. It was extra painful this time because the wart has shrunk so small - therefore more tissue around it got blasted by the liquid nitrogen. Ouch.

Hurts to walk, hurts when anything bumps my finger (more often than one would think) and makes it harder to do the exercise I currently enjoy. I know that Diabetes is a looming threat, so I really need to lose more than 5 pounds, more like 100.

I worry about my mental/emotional health. My job + twin boys is really taking its toll on me. I'm on medication to lower my anxiety level and help me sleep at night. Even with all of that, I'm still fairly stressed a good portion of my day. Will I figure out how to deal with all of the stress so that it becomes manageable? Will the babies become less stressful as they get older? (So far, no.)

(sigh) I guess I worry about a lot of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment