I am a Scorpio, having been born (of goodly parents) in the first half of November. I should have been born a month later - I wonder how that affects things.
According to Astrology Online (hat tip to the Lady B.)
Good traits:
Determined and forceful (nope)
Emotional and intuitive (yes)
Powerful and passionate (not really)
Exciting and magnetic (i don't think so)
Bad traits:
Jealous and resentful (resentful, yes)
compulsive and obsessive (yes and yes)
secretive and obstinate (can I admit to being secretive and still be it?)
Interesting:
either very much liked, or very much disliked (Jon, lots of people in the company love you. And lots of them hate you.)
Thoughts:
I have a hard time buying into any sort of system that plops you into a group based on something that doesn't really have anything to do with how you are. (I lump bio-rhythms in with astrology.) You would be able to make a stronger case that people who were born in the same month AND year as me have similar characteristics. There could be a reason certain spirits come to Earth at a particular time or maybe it's random.
I find astrology to be one of those hobbies that is mostly harmless in moderation. It's fun to see how you compare to the norm for your sign and how you differ. In the end, though, it's really no better than those old quizzes : which celebrity is the best match for you?
Now, certain personality types, like the Myers-Briggs 4-letter code or the color coding is at least somewhat more scientific. Judging from your response to questions can make some determinations about what choices you are likely to make and perhaps what influences your choices. See, now it's personal and takes data from your life. I took the test 15 years ago and came out as the most common archetype: ENFP. I took a lesser version last week and ended up as ISTP, almost the exact opposite. I've never thought I really fit the Extrovert type, except that I do seem to get energy from being around other people, I just don't seek them out.
EDIT: How could I have forgotten this? "Tomorrow the stars predict that you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff and then go back to sleep." -- Weird Al
Also, his take on Scorpio:
Get ready for an unexpected trip when you fall screaming from an open window
Work a little harder on improving your low self-esteem, you stupid freak
No comments:
Post a Comment