Friday, May 11, 2012

Shuffleupagus

I'm a little bit concerned about today's exercise. I have to list the next 10 songs on my music player as part of a random shuffle. I am going to be true to what comes up, but I'm prepared to be embarrassed if there's a country song, or worse, Britney Spears tune.

As a bit more prelude, this playlist is my All Time Favorites list with 2,375 songs on it. My guess is that 75% of those songs come from the 80s. Let's see how many of the next 10 are. =) (Note: none of the songs on Breanna's list are even on my player.)


  1. Hall & Oates - Some things are better left unsaid (80s song) (I'd say something here, but...)
  2. Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (Kings of the falsetto)
  3. No Doubt - The Imperial March (this is a live bootleg track of the tune from Star Wars that you associate with Darth Vader)
  4. 10,000 Maniacs - My Sister Rose (Put on a mixtape once by a friend) (80s song)
  5. Tears for Fears - Sowing the Seeds of Love (80s song) ( I actually didn't like this song when it first came out, but it grew on me over time.)
  6. Black Sabbath - Paranoid (I didn't know them at all until fairly recently. This song was on one of the Rock Bands)
  7. Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime (80s song) (This song is memorable for me as being one played at Dive! restaurant in Las Vegas. "water flowing underground...")
  8. The Bird and the Bee - I'm a broken heart (Love Inara George's voice)
  9. Survivor - Eye of the Tiger (80s song) (Also associated with Rocky. This song is on Rock Band as well.)
  10. Beach Boys - Good Vibrations. (A true classic, and I think this is on the latest Rock Band too, but it was on my playlist before that.)

5 out 10 are 80s songs, how about that? Nothing too embarrassing in the list, except maybe for the Black Sabbath song.

Out of curiosity, let's see how long it takes to hit something truly bad...

35. Debbie Gibson - Electric Youth (80s) (not so bad, is it?)
88. Britney Spears - Can't get no satisfaction (There she is!)
98. Black Eyed Peas - My Humps (okay, this is pretty bad, I admit it. I picked it up on Stephen King's advice in an article.)

No comments:

Post a Comment