Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I tried to walk into a Target, but I missed

These days, I'm missing quite a few things, most of them directly related to the addition of two little ones into the family.

I miss hanging out with friends. One friend has gone to work in Germany for a few years. One friend has recently gotten back in touch after a year of non-communication. I used to spend one night a week with friends playing games and D&D.

I miss being able to go out on Saturdays just to go relax by the lake or to drive out to a more remote disc golf course.

I miss reading books. I do still have enough free time that I could do this. Instead, I've chosen to watch TV shows on my iPod : Dexter, Homeland, The Killing.

EDIT: I also miss playing Rock Band. We played at least once a week for years. I'm good at it, but not great, and there's something ... magical ... about faux-playing a beloved song. It's related to karaoke (and if you're singing, even more so)  I'm a terrible singer, but I love it! And miss it terribly.

I miss my youth. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment