Monday, February 13, 2012

Wacky Weather

It snowed all day yesterday (Sunday) but the roads were clear this morning. The golf park, not so clear, but it wasn't thick snow either. Here's a pretty good example of what it looks like.


So, not the disc-hiding think blanket of snow, but more of a slushy mess. My shoes did not protect me as much as I would have liked and the breathable portion let my feet breathe in some icy water. Here's the weird weather thing: last night, I looked at the temperature on my phone app. 34 degrees in Orem, 34 degrees in Independence, whoa! 21 degrees in Tallahassee? Yikes! But here in the park, directly after the snow storm, it was nice and sunny and I ended up walking through slushy snow without my hoodie. I only got a little cold once, when the sun went behind some clouds.

I played the course backwards, just for a change. One nice thing about this is that my 2 least favorite holes are not problems. The marsh hole has the marsh not very far from the pole, so it's really easy to shoot over, and the one that runs along the river has the river on the right, and most throws tend to curve left.

Here's a little oasis I found near the marsh hole. I'm not sure why it struck my fancy.


Managed to just barely tap the pole on this shot (I heard it, it counts!) Most of my putts were close, but not quite, probably because the discs were wet and slushy. (Yeah, that's the ticket.) The Defender had some definite problems from the wet/ice, so I didn't use it as much. (On the plus side, more of the sticker came off.)

Still no man with wheelchair on the course. There was a woman walking 2 dogs, quite friendly. (The dogs, I mean. The woman might have been friendly, too.)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you need to get some boots for the slushy days? And of course if you heard the tap, it counts! Funky weather, heh? Mom

    ReplyDelete